MMDP & House Plus Rosters Posted
Rosters posted under House leeague tab:
Please look in the calendar for team events: we start up this weekend!
Minor Mite & Mite House Parents: we need your help
As you are aware, we are playing multiple games at once with both Minor Mites and Mites. You can help the games run smoother by assisting with the following items:
* Help move the yellow dividers onto, or off, the ice at the start or conclusion of the session. On Saturdays we move onto the ice at 10:15 then off at 12:15. On Sundays we move one set of dividers on at 11:05, put on a 2nd set at 12:05, then remove at 1:05.
* Due to limited space on the player's bench, ONLY Head and Assistant Coaches can be on the bench; all parents, brothers and sisters etc. cannot be behind the bench. There is not enough room and it makes it difficult on the coaches to manage the bench.
Girls U8 Hockey Team
Holiday Travel Skills Clinic with Wayne Brown at Winnetka Ice Arena
Dates: Mon, 12/19-Wed, 12/21
Groups: Mite Travel & Squirt Travel
Times: Mites 12:30-1:45/Squirts 2:00-3:15
- Head Skills Instructor Winnetka Hockey Club
Wayne will focus on station-based training in the following areas:
- Skating: Agility, balance, speed and power
- Puck Control: Deceptive stickhandling and moves
- Shooting: Proper techniques with lots and lots of repetition
- Passing: “tape to tape”
- Small Area Games & Battle Drills
- Assisted by Loyola Gold Team Members
Fee: $95 (Goalies are free)
Minor Mite & Mite House League Pond Hockey Clinic
- For Minor Mite & Mite House League players who would like additional ice time to focus on core skills; skating, puck control, and shooting in a fun environment.
- 30 minutes instruction/30 minutes small area games on Gullen's Pond at Winnetka
- Wednesdays, December 7th-February 22nd : 6:15-7:15pm (10 sessions) no clinics over the Holiday break Dec. 22 & 29 .
- Outstanding instruction provided by the WHC Coaching staff Skills Instructors
- Low fee of $195
House Plus and Minor Mite Development Program (MMDP) Information
The Winfield Hockey Club will once again organize developmental travel hockey teams for our Minor Mite and Mite aged Hockey player. Our plan is to form two teams at both levels. We have asked each House League Coach to identify those players who would benefit from a more competitive environment. The purpose of both programs is threefold:
- To expose both children and families to travel hockey in a modified, local environment.
- To improve the core skills of all the participants through both practice and game competition.
- To supplement the House League program for those children who would benefit from increased competition.