Spring Hockey 2017 For Mites
This spring we are excited to offer two great programs for Mite aged (2009's, 2010's and 2011's) hockey players!
Spring ADM Instructional: Twice weekly program beginning in early April designed for the Minor Mite/Mite House League skater or children advancing from Park District Learn to Skate programs who would like to improve their skills and game play in a more recreational setting.
- Sessions: take place April 5th-May 17th
- Twice weekly (12 ice slots)
- Times: Wednesdays from 5:40pm-6:40pm and Sundays from 11:25am-12:25pm (no ice 4/16) both at Winnetka
- Format: Four Teams will be formed and each child will be assigned to a team and receive a jersey. Each session will include 30 minutes of instruction on core skills with a focus on station-based training. We will then have a 30 minute “4 on 4” half-ice scrimmage. We will follow the American Development Model guidelines for skill development.
- Ideal for: Minor Mite/Mite House and children in Learn to Play Hockey Classes (birth year 2009, 2010, or 2011)
- Fee: $335
Former WHC President Inducted into Illinois Hockey Hall of Fame
The Winnetka Hockey Club would like to congratulate former WHC President David Loughnane on his induction into The Illinois Hockey Hall of Fame. David is being inducted into The Builders Category. David served on the WHC Board from 1984-89 in a variety of capacilities including two years as President. From there he served on the Amateur Hockey Association of Illinois Board from 1990-2004 in a variety of capacities including legal counsel earning Diplomat, Citation, and Leadership awards.
David is the father of Kerry Loughnane Farley and Grandfather to WHC Players Cormac, Declan, and Keane Farley, and future player Rory. We congratulate David on this prestigious award. The mission of the Illinois Hockey Hall of Fame is “To honor the excellence of those individuals who, through their exceptional endeavors both on and off the ice, have contributed in an extraordinary way to enhance the sport and image of hockey in Illinois."
Gullen's Pond Open!
The Pond is open and the ice is great! All WHC scheduled activities are on and check the Winnetka Park District web site for the full schedule of pick up hockey and public skate time. Thanks to the WPD for all their efforts in getting the rink ready.
MMDP & House Plus Rosters Posted
Rosters posted under House league tab:
Please look in the calendar for team events: we start up this weekend!